Atlanta Georgia Accident Lawyers
The Atlanta accident lawyers at the Hooker Law Group, LLC are here to help you if you’ve been hurt in an accident due to the neglect or negligence of another person or party. If you’ve been seriously injured in a car accident, truck accident, slip and fall accident, or other accident in Atlanta, Georgia, the Hooker Law Group, LLC can review your case, identify negligent parties, estimate the value of your claim, and fight to hold responsible parties accountable. We can negotiate with insurance companies and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve. You may only have a limited time to make a claim if you’ve been injured. The accident lawyers in Atlanta, Georgia at the Hooker Law Group, LLC may be able to help you with your case.
What is My Accident Claim Worth in Atlanta, Georgia?
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, truck accident, slip and fall accident or other accident in Atlanta, Georgia, you may be wondering what your accident claim might be worth. The value of your car, truck, or slip and fall claim will depend upon many factors. An Atlanta Georgia accident lawyer at the Hooker Law Group, LLC can review your case and accurately estimate the value of your damages.
Here are some factors your accident law firm in Atlanta, Georgia will consider:
- Medical Bills. Your accident lawyer can review your medical bills and help you seek compensation to pay these bills, but also your lawyer can speak to medical experts and review your injuries and diagnoses to properly estimate the value of future medical expenses and help you seek compensation for these losses as well.
- Rehabilitation Expenses. If you have had to go through rehabilitation after an accident, you may want to speak to the accident lawyers at the Hooker Law Group, LCC in Atlanta, Georgia. Our accident law firm can look at your rehabilitation expenses, your injuries, and estimate the long-term costs of rehabilitation and help you seek compensation for these costs.
- Lost Wages. If you have had to miss time from work to recover from your injuries, you may be able to pursue a lawsuit to cover lost wages. You might be able to seek compensation not only for wages you lost in the past, but for future lost wages. Speak to the Atlanta, Georgia accident lawyers at the Hooker Law Group, LLC today to learn more.
- Pain and Suffering. While pain and suffering damages aren’t always associated with something that can be backed up with a receipt or an actual bill, these losses are no less real. Your accident law firm in Atlanta, Georgia can review your medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and the nature of your injuries, and use special formulas to properly estimate the value of your pain and suffering costs. Victims may miss out on the opportunity to engage in life activities they previously enjoyed or may no longer be able to care for children or elderly relatives. These losses can exert a major financial toll on a family. Reach out to the accident lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia at the Hooker Law Group, LLC today to learn more about how we can help estimate pain and suffering damages.
- Other expenses. If you were injured in an accident in Atlanta, Georgia, an accident law firm can review all your losses and expenses. When seeking a personal injury settlement after an accident, you have the right to be made whole again. Contact the Atlanta, Georgia accident lawyer at the Hooker Law Group, LLC today to receive assistance with estimating the value of your claim.
These are just some of the expenses and losses that can be considered after an accident. Every injury case is unique, and your lawyer can review your case to properly estimate the value of your damages. Reach out to the Atlanta, Georgia accident lawyer at the Hooker Law Group, LLC today.
Call 404-707-1000 to speak with an Atlanta Georgia accident lawyer. We pride ourselves on compassionate and honest, yet firm legal representation.
Steps of an Accident Lawsuit in Atlanta, Georgia
Not every accident lawsuit needs to go to trial. Many accident lawsuits can be settled outside of court with or without the assistance of an Atlanta, Georgia accident attorney. The Hooker Law Group, LLC can review your case and help you understand your options, rights, and next steps. If you only suffered property damage in a car accident, and the insurance settlement your adjuster is offering covers your losses, you may not need the assistance of an accident law firm in Atlanta, Georgia. But if you were seriously injured, don’t know the full value of your future and present losses and damages, or are getting pushback from other drivers or your insurance company, you may want to speak to an Atlanta, Georgia accident lawyer at the Hooker Law Group, LLC today.
What are the steps that go into an accident lawsuit in Atlanta, Georgia? Here are a few of the steps that might take place during your case:
- Initial consultation. During your initial consultation with an accident lawyer, your attorney will learn about what happened, ask questions about your injuries and losses, and determine whether you have an accident claim. If you and your accident law firm agree you are a good match, you’ll move on to the next steps, which include officially retaining your accident lawyer and beginning the process. The initial consultation is free and your accident lawyer, should he or she choose to represent you, only gets paid if you win.
- Gathering evidence and speaking to witnesses. During the early stages of your accident lawsuit, your accident lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia at the Hooker Law Group, LLC will review the facts of your case, gather evidence, read over police reports, speak to witnesses, review medical bills and more. Your accident lawyer will look at the parties and fault and work to build the strongest possible case. Furthermore, your accident lawyer will estimate the value of your claim.
- Consulting with Experts. During the initial process of evaluating your claim and building a strong case, your accident lawyer may also require the input of experts—either an independent medical evaluation, the evaluation of physical therapists, and more.
- Negotiating with insurance companies and negligent parties. Many accident lawsuits can be settled outside of court. The accident lawyers in Atlanta, Georgia at the Hooker Law Group, LLC can negotiate with insurance companies and negligent parties to help you get the settlement you may deserve.
- Filing a Lawsuit. If you cannot settle your accident claim outside of court, the next step would be to file a lawsuit. The accident lawyers in Atlanta, Georgia at the Hooker Law Group, LLC can help you formally file this paperwork.
- Discovery. During the discovery process, both your lawyer and the lawyer representing the opposing side (or the person you are suing) will have the chance to share the information you both have. Any evidence that will be presented in court must be shared openly so both lawyers can properly prepare for trial. Sometimes both sides might have very different versions of what happened. This is where the discovery process is helpful.
- Deposition. You may need to provide a formal statement of what happened under oath. The deposition is a chance for you to speak your truth and tell your story. Your lawyer can prepare you for the deposition.
- Negotiation. Before going to court, you and the other side will have additional opportunities to negotiate a settlement outside of court. In some cases, negotiation can result in a settlement without the need to go to trial.
- Trial. If you cannot settle outside of court, you’ll go to trial. During trial, your accident lawyer can present your case and fight for your rights in a court of law.
Most accident lawsuits don’t pass through all these steps because many do not end up in trial. In most cases, an accident lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia at the Hooker Law Group, LLC can secure a settlement through negotiation. Every case is unique. If you have been injured, reach out to the Hooker Law Group, LLC, an accident law firm in Atlanta, Georgia that may be able to help you.